Garlic and Lemon Chicken Strips


I'm back in the kitchen and that means I'll be back on the blog. I'm not gonna lie, it's sometimes a lot of work to photograph my meals, memorize the recipe and then write it all down. Sometimes I wonder whether I should just give it up. But then I think back to why I started it. I feel lucky to have a hobby that I enjoy. I love to cook, and sharing that with people is fun. Especially when I hear someone like or made one of my recipes. 

So, here's a simple one. Brian and I enjoyed eating it oh so much on a Monday night. I hope some of you guys enjoy it as well!

Garlic and Lemon Chicken Strips
makes 2 servings

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
4 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp + 2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot (diced)
10 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 cup dry white wine
salt and pepper
pinch red pepper flakes
1 lemon (sliced into thin discs)
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth

Start by slicing the chicken breasts into chicken strips. You could alternately just buy chicken strips, but either way works. Coat the chicken in salt, pepper and flour. Make sure all of the chicken is lightly dusted in flour. 

Heat 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil over medium/ medium-high heat in a saute pan. Drop in chicken and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Turn until most of the chicken has browned, about 8 minutes total. 

Add shallots and garlic and let cook for about 3 minutes. Next add Dijon mustard, white wine, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix everything to combine. Lay the lemon slices over top of everything. Cover, and lower heat to low. You want everything to be simmering very low.

Let cook for 1 hour. Remove lid. Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and let cook for another 3 minutes. 

Remove from heat and serve!


Comments

Popular Posts