Make This Today: Cilantro Chimichurri


I die over anything with Cilantro. I love salsa verdes, green sauces, chimichurris, you name it. Love it. A couple of weeks ago we were at a friend's house for dinner, and another couple brought a jar of "Green Sauce". This sauce is apparently famous at the gym they all belong to, and the cook, Jen, famous for bringing it with her.

I'm so glad she introduced it to us. Simple and good on everything. I modified her recipe a little bit, but the results are pretty similar. Go make this today. Seriously. Tomorrow I'll share a rice and shrimp recipe I made with it. Go!

Cilantro Chimichurri
makes 1 jar

2 bunches cilantro (stems and leaves)
2 limes (juice only)
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 jalapenos (seeds removed from 1 or both)
2 tbsp white distilled vinegar
1/2 - 3/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp kosher salt

Put everything in the food processor or blender and blend until really smooth. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.

Adjust amount of jalapeno and seeds based on heat tolerance. Option 1: Both jalapenos and both seeds. Option 2: Both jalapenos and only half the seeds. Option 3: Both jalapenos and no seeds. Option 4: One jalapeno with no seeds. I used option 2, and the sauce came out like a medium salsa heat level.


Comments

Popular Posts