What's for Lunch?

What does it matter what's for lunch, you ask? Well, this is a special week for me. My last day of work at Beam was this past Friday. A bittersweet end to two plus years as a Project Manager. Click here to see what I was working on while there. I'm pretty proud of everything I accomplished!

Now that I'm no longer working at Beam, I've got some free time on my hands. This week I'm hanging out in Chicago. Making awesome lunches, going to the gym every day and watching Food Network and HGTV non-stop. Next week is when the real fun starts. Brian and I are heading out to San Francisco to look for our next apartment! Yes, it's true. We're moving. The even more bittersweet part to the story.

I will be starting a new job with Google in October and Brian is transferring to Ernst & Young's office in the Bay Area. We're so excited for the change, but really bummed to be leaving Chicago, and even more so bummed about leaving our good friends and my sister. But now everyone will have an awesome vacation destination!

So, back to lunch. With all the working out I'm doing, I splurged a little bit here. Enjoy!

Smoked Turkey and Fried Egg Sandwich

1 sourdough roll (homemade or store bought if you're lazy)
1 stack smoked turkey
1 egg
2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
1 tbsp course Dijon mustard
1 pat unsalted butter
salt and pepper

Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Drop in the pat of butter. Crack the egg into the pan with a dash of salt and pepper. Cook on one side for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for just 20 seconds, to make sure the yolk stays runny.

Slice the roll in half and toast in the same buttered pan for 5 minutes while the egg is cooking. Just nest it in there.

Now assemble. Stack a healthy portion of smoked turkey on the bottom bun. Now layer mustard, egg and goat cheese on the top. Cover with top bun, and dig in!



Comments

Popular Posts