This is Why I Don't Bake...


 
Yea. This is why I don't usually bake. How on Earth did this happen? I've made this bread tons of times (it's a great recipe). I've watched my Mom make it since I was a little girl and this has NEVER happened to her. Whatever happened, I majorly messed the recipe up some how. Because I promise, this recipe makes an awesome banana bread. Once I cleaned up the mess, the rest of the bread was salvaged, and actually quite delicious. But in general, I'll leave the baking to my sis, Eileen, who has quite the knack for cookies and baking in general. As for me, I'll stick to my saute pan.

Mom's Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 bananas (very ripe)
1 stick butter (softened)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda ( I may have accidentally used baking powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup applesauce
Optional: Pecans, Chocolate chips

My coveted recipe book.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I start by tossing my bananas, eggs and applesauce into the food processor to combine the ingredients into a smooth mixture. You don't need to do this, but it helps give the bananas a smooth texture. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until combined.

Next, mix in butter, milk, vanilla and banana mixture. Stir just until ingredients are combined and you have a nice smooth dough. Mix in the chocolate chips and pecans last. Put in oven for 50 minutes. It shouldn't look like mine looked.

Comments

  1. I never separate my ingredients when I bake...maybe that's my trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very weak, but Benny would like it, D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts