My Super Secret Summer Project Revealed.....


I know you've all been anxiously waiting for me to reveal my super secret summer project, so it's time to spill the beans! I've mentioned in a few posts recently that I live right across the street from the Green City Market in Chicago. The market is finally open for the summer and it would be a darn shame if I didn't take advantage of the plethora of fresh and local ingredients!

Designed by EB (Yard Sale)
So here's the deal guys. I'll be writing a series of blogs over the summer that profile the farmers of the market. I'll be talking to them about their farms, their products and the reasons why they participate in the farmer's market all the way down in the city!

Here's where I come in... Each week will be a new farmer, with a new local product for me to test out (vegetables, herbs, cheeses, breads, meats). I'll get their cooking and preparation recommendations and then turn it into a couple unique recipes over the following week. That way you can all see how to turn seasonal spring and summer ingredients into a few different recipes! For example, green garlic is a great seasonal summer flavor. Don't know how to use it? I'll show you a couple of my techniques and give you guys the recipes to try it out yourselves! I'll be passing out business cards to the farmers and other market goers so they can check my blog for recipes!

I hope you guys are as excited as I am. I'm so glad it's finally summer!!!!!

Comments

  1. So cool Katie! I can't wait to keep tabs on your findings this summer. Keep up the amazing work, love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Katie. I love the business cards Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I knew all that second grade writing would lead to something!...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, what a fantastic idea! I'm so excited! Looking forward to reading about all the relationships formed with the farmers & hearing their stories. Not to mention all the yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! I went this weekend and got some yummy stuff to start cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts