Easter Sunday Brunch


I've gotta admit, I'm not the best Catholic. Sorry, Gram. No Easter Sunday Mass for me this year. But I did make an Easter brunch! Does that count? (please don't come down on me, all you good Christians out there reading my blog.... Are there any?) I unfortunately couldn't be with my family for the holiday, but I celebrated with the best replacement possible. My friends! I love my friends.

We planned on mimosas, big brunch and dying eggs, but there was no vinegar...we obviously weren't at my house :) So we just ate and drank... and then went across the street to Bridget McNeill's when the mimosas ran out to get more mimosas. $10 all you can drink mimosas! What a great idea!

Brian made us wear matching purple shirts.
Herbed Goat Cheese and Ham Biscuits
(makes 6 large biscuits)

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup herbed goat cheese (crumbled)
1/4 cup ham steak (cooked and cubed)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Start by cutting up your ham steak into little cubes and cooking it up in a saute pan. Set aside and let cool.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Once combined, cut in butter until the dough looks crumbly. Pour in buttermilk and add the ham and get your hands into it! Mix it up until all ingredients are combined and you have a sticky ball of dough.

The last ingredient is your goat cheese. Keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to add it to the dough. Crumble it up into little pieces, and carefully fold it into the dough. You want the pieces to stay as formed as possible (but it will melt into the dough anyways so don't panic if it spreads out a little bit). Form the biscuits by hand or with some circle shaped utensil. I just used my hands. Place on a  non-stick baking sheet and put in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden.


Rosemary and Ham Breakfast Potatoes(serves 4-5)

4 medium size red potatoes (sliced into wedges)
2 springs Rosemary (finely chopped)
1/4 cup ham steak (cooked and cubed)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Put potatoes into a sauce pan and cover with water and lots of salt. Bring to a boil. Once potatoes are boiling let boil for about 2 minutes, turn off the heat and drain.
Cook the ham in a large saute pan over medium heat until fat is rendered and ham starts to brown. Remove the ham and set aside. In the same pan, add olive oil over medium high heat. You want the oil to be about 1/4 inch deep. Cook the potatoes until both sides are browned. It will take 10-15 minutes.  After cooking for about 8 minutes, add garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.

Mushroom and Asparagus Frittata

Comments

  1. Just wanted you to know that I made your ribs w/the rub awhile back & am making them again today! I have to say, they were the best ever! Glad you had a good Easter- we did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even take the credit. It's my Dad's recipe! He's the master chef. Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts