Someday, When I'm Running My own Deli....

Ever since I can remember, my Dad has talked about opening a restaurant. Not a fancy restaurant, but a deli. Sandwiches, soups, burgers, etc. I guess his dad, my Papa Henry also talked about opening up some type of restaurant. Our whole family obviously loves food, both my mom's and dad's sides of the family. So this blog is what I hope to be the beginning of something that leads me to opening a deli down the road someday. Not just any deli, but a deli that specializes in grilled cheeses. Fresh breads, cheeses, soups, salads. You name it. That's my idea, and I'm stickin' to it. Anyways, here's a little grilled cheese recipe that I made from my leftover pork tenderloin recipe.

Chipotle Pork and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Chipotle marinaded pork (shaved into slices)
Goat cheese
Baby spinach leaves
Chipotle Sauce (from previous recipe)
Fresh crusty bread (like an Italian or Portuguese loaf)


Butter both pieces of bread. Pile some goat cheese on one side of the bread and stack some pork on top. Crumble some more cheese on top of the pork and add a stack of spinach. On the other piece of bread, add spread some chipotle sauce on the non-buttered side. Make a sandwich and throw it on the skillet!


Cook both sides of the bread until it's golden and the cheese is melty! Cut it in half and serve! Yummm.


Comments

  1. Yum! That looks sooo damn good! You're making me want to do a pork tenderloin gc post!

    thanks for the inspiration!

    Mackenzie from gcsocial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Schneider-SeeleyApril 12, 2011 at 7:08 PM

    I'm sitting with your dad in sunny California! Steve and I are looking at your blog for the first time!
    YUMMMY!!! Steph and Steve Seeley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts