The Wedding: Dinner & Dancing



































I promise, this is the last of the wedding posts and then I'll get back to being a food blogger.

Everyone always says the night flies by and everyone is right. I so wish I could go put it in slow motion and take the time to soak up all the details. But since we live in the real world, these pictures will have to do. Let me talk about the dinner for a sec. We used Park Avenue Catering and served our main meal family style and I couldn't be any happier with how the food turned out. It was plentiful, delicious, beautiful and I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed it. Brian and I love food and everyone knows it, so having such a beautiful meal made us really happy.

Amazing and hilarious speeches were delivered by my dad, my sisters and Brian's best men before the dance floor opened. The dance floor, which was strung with twinkling lights and overlooking the vines, was filled with awesome moves all night. Brian and I danced to "Holding On to You" by Miranda Lambert for our first song. I'm a big country fan, and I've converted Brian, so having something with a little twang was necessary.

Not far from the dance floor we had a "Whiskey Bar Grove" which was tucked in a little grove of Redwood trees. Brian loaded the bar with some of our favorite whiskeys ranging from bourbon to Scotch, and topped it off with some cigars. So manly, that husband of mine.

The fun didn't stop there though. We had loads of mini desserts and local pies piled on tables throughout the venue, and even a fire pit with s'mores towards the end of the night. 

It was a blast. I'm so very thankful our families helped us throw the party of a lifetime, thankful for all the friends and family that traveled from around the world, and of course thankful that everything came together perfectly for my new hubby and me. 

Next stop, Greece and Italy for our honeymoon next week. 

Signing off,
Mrs. Katie Hanscel


Wedding Vendors
CEREMONY & WEDDING VENUE: Vine Hill House || DRESS: Amy Kuschel 'Clover' || SHOES: Loeffler Randall || BRIDESMAID DRESSES: Amsale || SUITS: Indochino || PHOTOGRAPHY: Claire Lewis || FLOWERS: Main St. Floragardens || CATERING: Park Avenue Catering || BAND: Rat Pack Trio || DJ: AMS Entertainment || CAKE: Susie Cakes || HAIR & MAKEUP: Katie Donaghy, Whimsy Bridal || OFFICIANT: Rev. Michael LeBlanc

Comments

Popular Posts