Cheesy

A quick and delicious grilled cheese sammy for your mouth's consideration. Enjoy and happy labor day weekend!


Salami Grilled Sammy

2 slices fresh soft white bread (Italian, Baguette, etc.)
2 slices baby Swiss
4 thin slices good Italian Salami
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 handful arugula
2 pats unsalted butter (real butter!)

Heat a skillet up to medium/ medium-high heat. Butter one side of both slices of bread. Smear the mustard on the other side of one slice, and pile on the other ingredients. Make sure to stack the arugula on top, and push the other piece of bread down on it to keep it all in.

Throw it on the griddle and cook on both sides until each is nice and brown, and cheese is oozing out.

I recommend enjoying this with a cold beer, on the couch, in front of the television.

Comments

  1. What brand of Swiss do you use? I found some versions way to blah on grilled sandwiches unless I get some from a cheese monger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephen- I usually use a lacey or baby Swiss. Boar's Head is one of my favorites if I'm at a grocery store. Whole Foods has a fantastic cheese selection as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts